Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I did it! Two days pre-op.

It has been a saga, but I am cleared for surgery in to days.  My a1c is 7.4.  I was able to lower it .3 in 12 days.  I went in yesterday morning at 7am to get a blood test.  The lab is independent from the doctor's office.  They said it would be 3-4 hours.  At 11:30, I called the doctor's office.  They told me I needed to talk to the MA, but she was with a patient then going to lunch. At 2:30, the MA said she hadn't heard from the lab and would call them.  At 4, I had a message from her that the only people who could process my lab worked the night shift.  We wouldn't know until morning.  Finally this morning after calling constantly for 15 minutes, waiting for them to switch the phones on, I got the news.  The MA almost cried with relief for me.

So, I am two days pre-op. I started a clear liquid diet.  I had to take magnesium citrate (I call it pooping juice).  It wasn't as bad as I feared.  The trick is drink it ucold and with a straw.  My stomach has been gurgly and unsettled.  It started working about 1 1/2 hour after taking it.

Tomorrow is clear liquids and my pre-op at the hospital.  I will try to keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment