Thursday, August 1, 2013

One Day Pre-op

Surgery is tomorrow morning and some nerves have crept in.  Nothing serious, just a tiny bit of, "What in the heck am I doing!". I would hope it would be natural to feel that before any major elective surgery.  I have reminded myself that although the next two months will be difficult, I need to remember the long term goal.  The fact is, I've done EVERYTHING I can to lose this weight.  It's been effort after effort for all my adult life. I've done radical diets, major dietary changes, tons of exercise...I have lost weight only to regain when I stop being extreme.  Even though I eat healthy and exercise, my blood sugars are creeping up.  What a miracle it will be to cure my diabetes!  There is a very good chance that today could be the last day I take diabetes medication.  I know this is the solution for me to take the weight off, keep it off, and improve my health.

So the pooping juice hasn't been too bad.  I would say that the clear liquids have been harder.  I'm only allowed protein powder three times a day.  The rest is broth, water, and sugar free popsicles.  I am hungry, lethargic, and have a headache.  It is completely bearable.  I have pre-op at the hospital today and surgery first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment