Monday, August 24, 2009

Light

I chose the name for this blog because the word light means many things to me. Whenever I visualize the connection with a higher spirit, it is always a beam of light. When I am happy, I feel light. When I want to ease my burden, I want to lighten my lode. Shed some light on the situation.

So I've now had a couple of weeks of being grateful for the little things in my life. Every night I go through my day in detail and give thanks for everything. I've been finding that I have these little pauses, though, when I get to the challenges of the day. I mean, come on, I'm not really very thankful for these challenges. Sometimes I can try really hard and come up with a way to be thankful for whatever gift I received from the challenge, but usually I can't see the gift yet. What I've chosen to do is to send light (or prayers, or energy) to those situations.

So for this week. if you are following along with me, have a time set aside to think about your day. My time is when I am getting ready to go to sleep. When you go through your day, along with being thankful for the little things, start sending light to the problem areas. Sometimes the light will be to help some one else along on their path. Sometimes it will be so that you can forgive yourself for an action or reaction. Sometimes you may not even know what you are trying to receive from the light, but trust me, it works anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment